One of the most traditional activities when someone goes to Hawaii is to go to a luau. A luau is a traditional Hawaiian feast. The concept of a luau started in 1819 by King Kamehameha II of Hawaii to symbolize the end of religious taboos connected with dining. Today, the luaus that we can attend will have traditional Hawaiian foods and a variety of Hawaiian entertainment that celebrate the islands’ people and culture. When you go to Disney’s Aulani, you’ll definately want to attend one of the luaus that they offer as an excursion.
Germaine’s Luau is offered everyday except Mondays, prices start at $52.00 and lasts 3 hours and 30 minutes. This luau was chosen as “Hawaii’s Best” by the readers of Honolulu Star Bulletin, Midweek and listed in “America’s Best 100″. You will be traditionally welcomed with Hawaiian Shell Lei and watch the Royal Cout of Polynesia enter. The following are all included with your luau price:
- Royal Court presentation & Imu ceremony
- “All you can eat” multicourse Hawaiian/American buffet dinner
- 3 beverage coupons per adult; unlimited complimentary soft drinks, hot coffee & tea
- “Peoples of Paradise” mini revue and various pre-show activities
- Spectacular Polynesian Revue featuring our Samoan Fire knife dancer
- Round trip transportation from Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
Vegetarian meals are available with advance notice.
The next option that you will have for a luau is the Paradise Cove Luau Hawaiian Buffet. Luaus here are done everyday, the price starts at $50, and lasts 4 hours. It begins with a lei greeting and a mai tai on a secluded beach. A twelve acre estate to take part in authentic island games, crafts and activities. Watch as the sun slips into the Pacific Ocean as the dancers perform the traditional hula as the sound of drums fill the air. The following are items included with your Paradise Cove luau:
- Shell lei greeting
- Mai Tai greeting
- Shower of flowers
- Outrigger Canoe ride
- Royal Court Procession
- Games and Crafts
- Imu Ceremony
- 2 beverage coupons per adult; unlimited complimentary soft drinks, hot coffee & tea
- Hawaiian review
The third option is the Creation Polynesian Dinner Show, which is offered each day except Mondays and Wednesdays, the price starts at $71.25 and lasts for 2 hours. Enjoy a Prime Rib Buffet Dinner and sip on a Mai Tai as you enjoy Creation – A Polynesian Journey, right in the heart of Waikiki. Lavish costumes and exciting song and dances show you the people, culture and history of the Polynesians from Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand and Samoa. The finest performers from the South Pacific depict the creation of man, the voyages, battles, romance and celebration of the people of the Pacific. The highlight of the extravaganza is the world ranked fire knife dancers. Included in your luau are:
- Award winning, “all you can eat” Prime Rib buffet
- State-of-the-art illusion, lighting and special effects
- World ranked fire knife dancers
- One Mai Tai, draft beer or soft drink
The final option for a luau when you visit Disney’s Aulani is the Magic of Polynesian Dinner Show. This show is offered everyday, the price starts at $68, and lasts for 3 hours. This show features Polynesian songs and dances combined with magical illusions by internationally acclaimed illusionist John Hirokawa winner of the International Magicians Society “Most Original” Merlin Award- the Oscar of Magic. It dazzles with light, sound and action from the primitive torches of a Polynesian fire dancer to the sophisticated special effects of lasers and sound when simulating a volcano erupting and in other magical illusions. This luau includes:
- Internationally acclaimed illusionist John Hirokawa
- Kukui nut lei greeting
- Preferred seating
- Souvenir photo
- Menu includes bay shrimp salad, roasted tenderloin of beef with wild mushroom au jus, mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables and more!
Let the Hawaiian and Disney Travel Specialists plan your Hawaiian vacation and help you pick the perfect luau for your family. Contact us at 740-953-0373 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.